We’ve all been there – you find the perfect item on AliExpress, add it to your cart, and head to checkout only to find your payment declined. It’s a major bummer!
Don’t worry, most AliExpress payment problems have simple solutions. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the common reasons for failed payments and provide easy troubleshooting steps to get you shopping again ASAP.
WHY ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT FAILED
There are a number of reasons why your AliExpress payment might have failed. Here are some of the most common:
- Insufficient funds: The most obvious reason is not having enough money in your payment account or hitting your credit card limit. Always make sure you have enough funds to cover the cost of your purchase, plus any applicable shipping and taxes before attempting to pay
- Invalid payment information: Double-check that you have entered your payment information correctly, including your card number, expiration date, and security code.
- Payment method not accepted: AliExpress accepts a variety of payment methods, but not all of them are available in all countries. Make sure that you are using a payment method that is accepted in your country.
- Bank/payment provider fraud block – Your bank or payment provider may automatically block transactions they deem suspicious or fraudulent. You may need to call them to allow the payment.
- Declined by bank or financial institution: Your bank or financial institution may have declined your payment for any number of reasons, such as suspected fraud or a daily spending limit.
- Third party payment issues – If you are using a third party processor like PayPal, there may be problems on their end leading to declined transactions. Check with them if payments are failing.
- Outdated payment information – AliExpress may reject payments if you have an expired credit card on file. Update your info if you have a new card.
- Technical issue: There may be a technical issue with AliExpress’ payment system.
- Account or purchase restrictions – AliExpress may block payments due to suspicious account activity or if you try buying prohibited items.
- Browser issues – Using an outdated browser or having extensions/plugins that conflict can sometimes interfere with completing a payment. Try another browser.
HOW TO AVOID PAYMENT FAILURES ON ALIEXPRESS:
- Make sure that you have enough money in your account.
- Double-check your payment information before submitting your order.
- Use a payment method that is accepted in your country.
- Contact your bank or financial institution if you receive a decline notification.
- If you are still having problems, contact AliExpress customer support for assistance.
If your AliExpress payment failed for reasons not listed above or if you receive a “CSC” payment error code, this is how to resolve the AliExpress payment issues quickly.
HOW TO FIX ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT FAILED
Before you encounter payment issues on AliExpress, you will likely receive an AliExpress payment error code. The code you receive when a payment fails on AliExpress will help us determine what caused the payment issues and how to solve the AliExpress payment problem as quickly as possible.
We have made a list of CSC error codes that may appear during AliExpress payment processing. In addition, our list of common AliExpress payment problems and suggested solutions will assist you in resolving AliExpress payment issues and make your AliExpress shopping experience smooth.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT FAILED CSC_7200011
Meaning – When you receive the CSC 7200011 payment error on AliExpress, your debit or credit card has an insufficient balance or funds.
Recommended Solution – You must first verify that you have not exceeded the daily spending limit on your debit or credit card. If the price of the item you wish to purchase exceeds your daily spending limit, you must use a different card or contact your card issuer or bank to increase your daily spending limit.
If you have not reached or exceeded your card’s daily spending limit, you should fund the account associated with the card to cover the AliExpress product’s price.
Note that the default payment currency on AliExpress is US Dollars (USD); however, you can easily change the currency on the website or app to view the products in your local currency. In addition, using a debit or credit card denominated in your local currency on AliExpress will result in a currency conversion by your bank or card issuer to settle your AliExpress payment.
Therefore, we strongly advise you to include an additional amount if your card issuer or bank takes fees or charges for a currency conversion transaction using your card.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT FAILED CSC_7200015
Meaning – AliExpress payment error CSC 7200015 indicates that your bank or financial institution rejected or declined your payment.
Your card issuer or bank may reject a transaction if:
- the card is not enabled for foreign payments,
- they suspect fraudulent activity on the card,
- you have blocked funds, or
- the amount is unusual or suspicious based on your current account activity.
If the account linked to the card is restricted or blocked, the bank or card issuer will reject all card transactions.
Recommended Solution – You must contact your financial institution, card issuer, or bank to learn the specific rejection reason.
Follow the instructions given by your bank or card issuer to resolve the CSC 7200015 payment error on AliExpress, or use a different debit or credit card to complete your purchase.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT ERROR CSC_7200022, CSC_7200051, and CSC_7200001
Meaning – When you receive the error messages CSC 7200022, CSC 7200051, and CSC 7200001 on AliExpress, it indicates that you have card issues on AliExpress, which can be caused by one of the following:
- Your card denominated currency isn’t supported on AliExpress,
- If you input or enter the wrong card information on AliExpress,
- Your card isn’t supported on AliExpress (e.g. Verve Card), or
- Your card is not compatible with AliExpress.
This AliExpress payment error indicates that you cannot use the card to pay on AliExpress.
Recommended Solution – For the CSC 7200022 payment error on AliExpress, please verify that you entered the correct card information. If you continue to receive the error after double-checking, use a different card or one of the other AliExpress payment options.
If you are using a debit or credit card that AliExpress, such as Verve Card, do not support, please try using a MasterCard or Visa card instead.
For CSC 7200051, you must contact your card issuer or bank to verify your “Visa Card” on your behalf. Then, they will ask you a few questions, and after a few minutes or hours (depending on your bank), you should be able to use your card on AliExpress.
With error code CSC 7200001, AliExpress does not support your debit, credit card, or currency. Change the currency on the AliExpress website or app if you’re using a supported card.
If your payment card is not accepted on AliExpress, you must use a different debit or credit card.
Suppose you entered a promotional code, discount code, or AliExpress coupon during checkout. It is possible that the issue is not with your payment card, bank, or card limits. Instead, the error likely originated from AliExpress. Therefore, omit the coupon code during checkout.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT ERROR CSC_7200026
Meaning – When you see the aliexpress payment failed csc_7200026 error, it indicates that your transaction has been flagged due to security concerns, and AliExpress requires a card verification.
This AliExpress payment error can only occur if AliExpress has directly blocked your debit or credit card.
AliExpress may flag or block a payment card for the following reasons:
- You breach or violate AliExpress’ terms of service;
- You opened numerous false disputes;
- You want to use a promo code or coupon that is not for you; or
- You create multiple fake accounts to defraud AliExpress by obtaining promo codes or coupons.
Recommended Solution – You must upload or submit the required documents to verify your debit or credit card on AliPay. The verification typically yields a result within one to three business days.
You may also use an alternative card to complete your payment on AliExpress.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT ERROR CSC_7200034
Meaning – AliExpress will issue a CSC 7200034 payment error when your order information is incorrect or wrong.
Recommended Solution – There are four essential pieces of information required when shopping online:
- Your Name,
- Your Address,
- Your Mobile Number, and
- Payment information.
Before any AliExpress vendor ships you a product, you must first complete payment on AliExpress. Without payment details, you cannot make payment on AliExpress.
After your order has been successfully paid for on AliExpress, the vendor will need your name, delivery address, and mobile number to ship the product to your door. Without these details, the courier company would be unable to contact you or deliver your package.
Therefore, to resolve this AliExpress payment issue, you must verify that your shipping address, name, and phone number are accurate.
AliExpress also requires that you confirm your debit or credit card information. To verify your AliPay account immediately.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT FAILED CSC_7200012
Meaning – When you receive this payment error on AliExpress, your debit or credit card has expired or entered an erroneous expiration date.
Recommended Solution – To quickly resolve this AliExpress payment error, you must:
- Enter the correct expiration date for your payment card;
- Use an alternative AliExpress payment method if your payment card has expired; or
- Use a different debit or credit card to make payment on AliExpress.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT ISSUE CSC_7200020
Meaning – If AliExpress returns the CSC 7200020 payment error code, there is an issue with your debit or credit card information.
Recommended Solution – To efficiently resolve this AliExpress payment issue, you must confirm the following information is accurate:
- Cardholder’s name,
- Card number,
- The card’s expiration date, and
- The card’s security code (CVC or CVV).
Ensure that these card details are entered in the correct boxes.
If all information is captured correctly and you still receive this error code, it also indicates that the connection failed; try to pay again after verifying that your account has not been debited.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT PROBLEM CSC_7200040
Meaning – Your payment on AliExpress was declined due to a restriction imposed by your card issuer or bank. When CSC 7200040 is shown on AliExpress, the phrase “This card is restricted by the bank” will also be displayed.
Recommended Solution – Call your bank and demand an explanation for the declined payment. Sometimes, banks block a customer’s credit or debit card for security reasons, such as when they suspect card theft based on several consecutive purchases.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT ISSUE CSC_7200006
Meaning – You only get a CSC_7200006 payment error when you select a currency that is not supported on AliExpress for payment.
Recommended Solution – The quick fix is to change the currency on the AliExpress website or app to United States Dollars (USD $) or other supported currencies on AliExpress.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT PROBLEM CSC_7200009
Means – You have exceeded your card daily or monthly spend limit. CSC_7200009 is simply telling you that “you have reached the spending limit on your card or account”.
Recommended Solution – Adjust your card spending limit. Use other payment methods on AliExpress or use another debit or credit card.
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT ISSUE CSC_7200021
This means – You entered the wrong card security (CVV or CVC) code. Your payment card security code is the three verification numbers on your debit or credit card.
Recommended Solution – Enter the right CVV or CVC code. From our experience, we also believe that you can get this error if you have not used your payment card for a long time.
HOW TO SOLVE ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT ISSUES
Most AliExpress payment issues are related to debit, credit, prepaid, and virtual cards, as demonstrated above.
Some payment issues on AliExpress are attributable to the platform itself. If you are confident that everything is appropriately set up, wait a few minutes or hours and try the payment again.
You can use other AliExpress payment options or delete the saved debit or credit card information and re-enter it to complete the payment.
If AliExpress does not support your currency, change the product price to US Dollars on the AliExpress website or app.
To successfully resolve any AliExpress payment issues that were not addressed above, try the following solutions below:
- Use the AliExpress app – If you received an AliExpress payment failed message on the website, you could attempt to complete your purchase using the AliExpress mobile app.
- Use Incognito mode or a new browser – In some instances, the payment problem you experienced on AliExpress may be caused by the cookies or settings of your web browser. If so, use a different browser, clear your cache, or access the AliExpress website in incognito mode to retry your payment.
- Deactivate any security add-ons – If you have browser add-ons that block pop-up windows, deactivate them before making a payment on AliExpress. Some AliExpress payment options, including Google Pay, Apple Pay, and PayPal, process your payment using third-party scripts on the AliExpress platform. These AliExpress payment methods require a pop-up window, which your browser extensions or antivirus software may block.
Before You Go
Don’t let a declined payment ruin your AliExpress experience. With a bit of knowledge and patience, you can identify the reason behind a failed payment and take the necessary actions to get your order on its way.
Think of this guide as your secret weapon for smooth and successful AliExpress shopping!
ALIEXPRESS PAYMENT PROBLEM – FAQ
Why is AliExpress not taking my debit card?
AliExpress will not accept your debit card if it is not activated for international transactions or if your card has reached its global spending limit.
It is also possible that your bank is declining payment or that you are attempting a currency conversion that your bank does not permit.
Why has my bank declined my payment at AliExpress?
Your bank can decline your payment on AliExpress because of the following reasons:
- Your card is not enabled for international transactions
- The payment gateway cannot identify your card
- Your bank network or server is down
- You have exceeded your card limit for international transactions
- A technical payment issue from AliExpress
- You enter or input the wrong card details when completing your order
Why does AliExpress show this message, “Sorry, we don’t support this type of card?”
It means you want to use a debit or credit card not supported for payment on AliExpress. This could be that your card is not allowed to make an international payment. It could be that your card only works within your country alone.
For example, Verve Card users in Nigeria cannot use the debit card on AliExpress to make payments because the card is not allowed for international and cross-border transactions.
Verve Card is only accepted by all payment channels and bank branches connected to the Interswitch network in Nigeria. Hence, the card only works on “local” websites with Interswitch or Verve acceptance logo.
How do I pay AliExpress without debit or credit cards?
There are several payment options on AliExpress if you opt not to use your debit or credit card on AliExpress.
You can use any of the following AliExpress payment methods:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Virtual Card
- Prepaid Card
- Bank Transfer
- Western Union
The payment option listed above doesn’t involve using your debit or credit card on AliExpress. So you can safely make payments on AliExpress without a credit or debit card linked to your bank account.