Unlock the power of data with AliExpress stats & trends. Explore market dynamics and consumer behavior.
Welcome to the fascinating world of AliExpress in numbers. As one of the largest online marketplaces in the world, connecting buyers and sellers across borders, AliExpress sees billion of visits each year. Behind every product, every purchase, and every interaction on the site are trends that tell the story of global e-commerce.
In this post, we’ll take a data-driven deep dive into AliExpress to uncover insights about what products are most popular, where in the world shoppers are located, and how spending patterns change over time. We’ll analyze metrics like total orders, top selling categories, and geographic shopping trends to better understand consumer behavior on a massive international scale.
By better understanding the stats and trends that shape AliExpress, we can gain a window into the pulse of global online shopping. We’ll leave no number unturned in our quest to extract meaning from the metrics.
So join me on a voyage of discovery as we explore what the data has to teach us about this thriving online marketplace and the billions of transactions that occur on it each year.
Key AliExpress Stats & Trends
- AliExpress gets more than 800 million visits monthly and 63% of the monthly visit comes from mobile devices.
- AliExpress has over 200 million active buyers on the platform.
- AliExpress ships and delivers products to 254 different countries and regions worldwide.
- AliExpress supports more than 30 payment channels, such as Klarna, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, MasterCard, Visa, etc.
- AliExpress is available in 18 different languages and offers currency conversion in 51 countries, which localized shopping for foreign buyers.
- AliExpress has 13 broad product categories: Women’s fashion, consumer electronics, bags & shoes, jewellery & watches, men’s fashion, and many more.
- AliExpress has over 500 million app downloads on the Google Play Store.
- Brazil is the country that buys most from AliExpress, followed by the United States.
- AliExpress gets more than 73 million monthly visits from the United States and 54% of people who shop on AliExpress from the United States use mobile devices.
- 65.63% of shoppers on AliExpress are male and the largest age group of shoppers are 18 – 34 years old.
What is AliExpress?
AliExpress is the e-commerce retail platform of Alibaba, serving buyers from all over the world. It was founded in 2010 by Jack Ma, a Chinese entrepreneur. It has become a top cross-border business-to-consumer (B2C) platform that sells products to individual consumers. AliExpress operates as a marketplace with many different sellers.
How many people shop on AliExpress?
AliExpress has over 200 million active buyers on its platform, with 805 million monthly visits from people worldwide.
Which country buys most from AliExpress?
The countries that buy most on AliExpress are Brazil, the United States, Mexico, France, and Spain.
AliExpress gets 87.7 million visits from Brazil, 73 million visits from the United States, 56.3 million visits from Mexico, 43.4 million visits from France, and 38.3 million visits from Spain monthly.
AliExpress also has a significant market share in countries like South Korea, Russia, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
AliExpress is the third most popular e-commerce platform in the Netherlands.
How many visitors does AliExpress get a day?
AliExpress get over 20 million visitors daily, which makes it one of the best online marketplace to shop online.
What is the most sold item on AliExpress?
The most sold products on AliExpress are earbuds, earphones, headphones, and smartphone cases.
How many people shop on Aliexpress in the USA?
AliExpress gets 73 million monthly visits from the United States. Hence, millions of Americans shop on AliExpress.
Which countries can sell on AliExpress?
To sell on AliExpress, you must have a business in China (Mainland), Russia, Spain, Italy, Turkey, France, and Brazil.
How do sellers get paid on AliExpress?
AliExpress sellers get paid after the buyer confirms the delivery of products. Hence, payment may take up to 7 working days.
AliExpress vendors’ payments are made into their AliPay account; once your balance is available for withdrawal, you must send it to your local bank account.
Each withdrawal from your Alipay account to your bank account will incur a €1 commission.
Can you use Klarna for AliExpress?
You can use Klarna on AliExpress if you reside in Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, and Finland.
Adyen, the payments provider behind AliExpress, enables Klarna’s ‘Pay Later’ solution. This empowers AliExpress shoppers in Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, and Finland to decide when and how to pay for products.